OK. Everything working like a charm, again, and I can go back to having fun with my 75+ games on my 1 TB external HDD.
Assuming that IPHODROID no longer works for you too, due to a retarded reason like "Cannot connect to iPhone" (refer to 3rd post by me), here is what I did for reference purposes:
1) Install Bootlace 2.1 via Cydia - you'll need to do so manually via a repository: In Cydia, go to manage -> sources -> edit -> add -> enter your URL (Find link on google)
2) Once Bootlace is installed, open it, install OpeniBoot from it. Reboot the iPhone when prompted.
3) When the iPhone reboots, select iOS (Apple's logo) to boot back into your iPhone
4) Once again, open Bootlace and install iDroid. Reboot the iPhone when prompted.
5) When the iPhone reboots, select the Android logo, to boot into iDroid to check that everything is working fine. Once you're satisfied, hold POWER+HOME buttons on your iPhone and select Shutdown.
6) Boot back into iOS
7) Install OpenSSH via Cydia (there won't be an app icon for it)
8) Install SBSettings (Search it on Cydia) (there won't be an app icon for it)
9) Connect to your iPhone to Wifi
10) To open up SBSettings, slide your finger from left to right on the status bar of your iPhone (top of the screen)
11) Make sure both the SSH icons and Wifi icons are green (meaning they are ON)
12) Take note of your Wifi IP address.
13) If you are using Windows, download WinSCP (free) or any other FTP client of your preference, install and open it
14) Connect to your iPhone, enter your IP address under "Host Name", enter root as user name, and alpine as the password
15) Change file protocol to SCP, click login. WinSCP should connect to your iPhone now
16) In WinSCP, browse to root/private/var/idroid
17) Overwrite both android.img.gz and zimage files with your payload's android.img.gz and zimage version
18) Right click on the newly replaced android.img.gz and zimage files one by one and select properties, and change the file permissions number to 777.
19) If the numbers are already 777, change them to something else like 555, and then re-change them to 777 just to make sure
20) Close WinSCP, reboot your iPhone, select the android logo, and you should see the penguin logo and some code scrolling down -> That's your PS3 pay load!
21) Jail break your PS3 and have fun!
Note: no fresh jailbreaking or restoring the iPhone was done. The above process just worked fine after IPHODROID broke down
Seriously, it took me less time to do all of the above than write it as a guide. Anyway, I am completely independent of IPHODROID and actually know what I am doing now, unlike before, when I had no clue.
Ciao, and thanks to everyone who has contributed to this topic!
Last edited by bluer_26 on Tue Nov 16, 2010 8:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.